CA End of Life Option Act
Derek Humphry's List Serv
We are an
No funds go to salaries.
The Hemlock Society of San Diego (HSSD) is seeking its first Executive Director (ED).
HSSD is growing and building on its 30-year history of advocacy, leadership, and education promoting death with dignity.
The ED will collaborate with the President, Secretary, Treasurer, committee chairs, and other Board members according to their defined roles to further the mission of HSSD.
The Executive Director :
- Will forecast and grow the membership and donor base.
- Will, through outreach, develop relationships with organizations to which Board members and the Executive Director will speak, including but not limited to social clubs, hospices, medical associations.
- Will enhance the visibility of HSSD within the San Diego community through social media, in-person networking meetings, and traditional media.
The scope of the position of Executive Director will include undertaking administrative tasks and communicating with Board Directors, volunteers, and/or consultants as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess these attributes:
- Belief in the mission and goals of the Hemlock Society of San Diego.
- Experience leading people in one or more social welfare or medical organizations.
- Demonstrable experience in social media.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage several concurrent projects and multitask; knowledge of project management tools is a plus.
- Communications skills including speaking to groups and good writing and grammar
- Comfortable navigating the web; has a personal internet account and his/her own personal computer and printer(s) (supplies will be reimbursed).
- Owns a car with a clean driver license for HSSD travel (IRS rate reimbursement).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and a financial accounting system; familiarity with GoogleDocs, Dropbox, Mailchimp (or Constant Contact), Quickbooks will be favored.
- Ability to work from home unless meeting with members of related organizations, or networking on behalf of HSSD.
We expect the applicant to flexibly apply approximately 20 hours a week to HSSD, including a few hours on Sunday a month.
The Salary for this position is negotiable, depending on the candidate's relevant experience and skills to fulfill all job duties.
To apply, send your resume, a cover letter, and provide three references.
Interviews will be in early January, 2018, with start dates soon after.
If mailing: HSSD, P.O. Box 34237, San Diego CA 92163.
If emailing: Pat@HemlockSocietySanDiego.org
Programs and activities of the Hemlock Society of San Diego (HSSD) are made possible by your membership dues and the generous donations of members and friends. Donations and memberships (tax deductible) can be sent to: HSSD, PO Box 34237, San Diego CA 92163.
Use PayPal for donations (any amount):
Donations of $100 or more will be acknowledged in our newsletter. Please let us know if you do not want to be acknowledged in the newsletter.
Include the Hemlock Society of San Diego in your Will or Living Trust. Our tax ID # is: 33-0467982 .