- How to Die in California September 22, 2019
How to Die in California - expert speakers addressed the fundamentals of hospice, medical aid in dying, the Final Exit Network, and other exit options. The program begins with a compelling documentary of Expert speakers addressed the fundamentals of hospice, medical aid in dying, the Final Exit Network, and other exit options. The program begins with a compelling documentary of a 75 year old San Francisco resident using California's End of Life Option Act.
- John L’Heureux on Death and Dignity April 29, 2019
Writer John L’Heureux describes coming down with Parkinsons, and his decision to use California's End of Life Option Act to end his life.
- California’s Right-To-Die Law Still Has Some Kinks, Hearing Finds March 22, 2019
By Sammy Caiola – capitol pubic radio – January 29, 2018
“Barbara Koenig, head of bioethics at the UC San Francisco, said bureaucracy can sometimes keep patients from exercising choice at life’s end. It’s a timing problem. If their disease progresses before they’re able to use the law, they may become too debilitated to qualify.”
- What We Know About The People Who Have Used California’s Assisted Suicide Law June 25, 2018
By Michelle Faust – laist June 25, 2018
“Dr. David Wallenstein, a palliative care doctor at UCLA Medical Center, said, “my impression is that people who tend to think in terms of aid-in-dying medications probably are people who really need — for whatever reason — to feel a sense of control.” Many of those who ...
- I’m a doctor. Here’s what it’s like helping terminally ill patients end their lives September 21, 2017
By Catherine Sonquist Forest – Vox, Sep 21, 2017
“Aid in dying has been legal in California for a year now. Many of my patients have been waiting for this.”
- Why few California doctors are assisting deaths for terminally ill September 22, 2016
By Tracy Seipel – Bay Area News Group September 2016
“It’s a scene being played out throughout California, as scores of terminally ill patients are learning to their dismay — and outrage — that the state’s new aid-in-dying law comes with no guarantee of finding a doctor.”
- What I Learned Helping My Sister Use California’s New Law to End Her Life August 6, 2016
First woman to take advantage of California’s End of Life Option Act ? Opinion Piece by Kelly Davis – Voice of San Diego, August 9, 2016
Woman describes the experience of her sister, who had ALS, taking advantage of the End of Life Option Act shortly after it became available.